If you've hurt your shoulder, you should see your orthopedic surgeon for treatment. Dr. Babak Samimi, Dr. Soheil Samimi, and Dr. David Eldringhoff of Samimi Orthopaedic Group in Los Angeles and West Covina, CA, offer shoulder injury treatment.
Types of Shoulder Injuries
Acute Shoulder Injuries
Acute shoulder injuries occur suddenly due to a fall, abnormal shoulder twisting, or a blow to your shoulder. Acute shoulder injuries can cause bruising, inflammation, and pain. Shoulder injuries can also cause damage to blood vessels and nerves thus you might experience some numbness and tingling.
Examples of acute shoulder injuries include:
- Shoulder dislocations
- Torn rotator cuff muscles
- Strained muscles
Overuse Shoulder Injuries
Overuse injuries come on slowly. They occur due to repetitive motions putting excessive stress on your shoulder joint. You typically can't point out the exact moment this type of injury first occurred and the condition progresses with time. Examples of overuse shoulder injuries include:
- Muscle strain
- Frozen shoulder
Symptoms of Shoulder Injury
Shoulder injuries can cause you the following symptoms:
- Difficulty moving your shoulders
- Tingling or numbness
Shoulder Injury Treatment in Los Angeles and West Covina, CA
- Ice Pack — Putting an ice pack on your injured shoulder can help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Rest — Sometimes, all your shoulder needs to improve is a little rest. Wrapping a bandage around your shoulder and letting it rest can help you manage your condition.
- Medication — Pain killers and anti-inflammatory medication can help reduce your discomfort as your shoulder injury improves.
- Physical Therapy — Physical therapy from your orthopedic surgeon can help you regain the use of your affected shoulder.
- Exercises — Specific shoulder exercises and stretches are essential. Your doctor can give you a guide on acceptable exercise routines for your condition.
- Surgery — Your orthopedic surgeon may recommend surgery to fix your injured shoulder if conservative treatments aren't effective.
If you have a shoulder injury in Los Angeles and West Covina, CA, schedule a consultation with your orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Samimi, Dr. Samimi, and Dr. Eldringhoff of Samimi Orthopaedic Group for accurate diagnosis and treatment by calling:
West Covina (626) 338-7391
Los Angeles (310) 606-2156